Coast shipyard changes name to TY Offshore
by Associated Press
Published: June 27,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Offshore is now called TY Offshore.
“The purpose of this is that there appeared to be some confusion in the vessel market over whether we were part of Trinity Industries out of Dallas. We felt that it was time to take ‘Trinity’ out of the name,” president and CEO John Dane III told the Mississippi Press.
The company designs and builds 33- to 321-foot long commercial tugs, offshore barges and oil spill response, patrol and oil field support vessels.
Trinity Offshore began operating shortly before the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in April 2010, Dane said, and its first commercial contract was building 30-foot oil skimmers for the state of Mississippi.
Dane, who is also affiliated with luxury yacht builder Trinity Yachts, said the offshore company was a response to the 2008 economic crash that reduced demand for luxury vessels.
TY Offshore will operate separately from Trinity Yachts, although the companies share the same management teams and facilities.
“The whole purpose of having an offshore company as opposed to the yacht company was to allow us to enter the offshore oil business, the patrol boat business and the tank barge business and not be confused with Trinity Yachts,” Dane said.
TY Offshore is now building four Harvey Gulf International dual fuel supply vessels and 10 30,000-barrel fuel barges for FMT Industries.
The company has also worked with Signet Maritime Corp. in Pascagoula, delivering two RAstar 3100-class tugs.
The Signet Constellation and the Signet Stars & Stripes are used to execute a 20-year marine transportation contract from Angola LNG Supply Services, which supplies liquefied natural gas to Gulf LNG Energy’s $1.1 billion liquefied natural gas terminal in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody