Business owner’s teenage son dies in workplace accident
Published: July 3,2012
LUCEDALE — George County sheriff’s deputies say a 15-year-old died in a workplace accident in Lucedale.
The Sun Herald reports Thomas Patrick Harlan Jr. died after he was struck on the head by a pole at Tri-State Pole and Piling. The business is a family owned company that manufactures poles used by power companies. It has been in operation for more than 36 years.
Authorities say the teen was the son of Thomas Harlan Sr., one of the owners.
Shonna Pierce, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, says a worker was operating a loader to stack poles when one of them bounced off and struck the teen on the head.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location