Business owner’s teenage son dies in workplace accident
Published: July 3,2012
LUCEDALE — George County sheriff’s deputies say a 15-year-old died in a workplace accident in Lucedale.
The Sun Herald reports Thomas Patrick Harlan Jr. died after he was struck on the head by a pole at Tri-State Pole and Piling. The business is a family owned company that manufactures poles used by power companies. It has been in operation for more than 36 years.
Authorities say the teen was the son of Thomas Harlan Sr., one of the owners.
Shonna Pierce, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, says a worker was operating a loader to stack poles when one of them bounced off and struck the teen on the head.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran