Business owner’s teenage son dies in workplace accident
Published: July 3,2012
LUCEDALE — George County sheriff’s deputies say a 15-year-old died in a workplace accident in Lucedale.
The Sun Herald reports Thomas Patrick Harlan Jr. died after he was struck on the head by a pole at Tri-State Pole and Piling. The business is a family owned company that manufactures poles used by power companies. It has been in operation for more than 36 years.
Authorities say the teen was the son of Thomas Harlan Sr., one of the owners.
Shonna Pierce, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, says a worker was operating a loader to stack poles when one of them bounced off and struck the teen on the head.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau