Business owner’s teenage son dies in workplace accident
Published: July 3,2012
LUCEDALE — George County sheriff’s deputies say a 15-year-old died in a workplace accident in Lucedale.
The Sun Herald reports Thomas Patrick Harlan Jr. died after he was struck on the head by a pole at Tri-State Pole and Piling. The business is a family owned company that manufactures poles used by power companies. It has been in operation for more than 36 years.
Authorities say the teen was the son of Thomas Harlan Sr., one of the owners.
Shonna Pierce, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, says a worker was operating a loader to stack poles when one of them bounced off and struck the teen on the head.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators