Business owner’s teenage son dies in workplace accident
Published: July 3,2012
LUCEDALE — George County sheriff’s deputies say a 15-year-old died in a workplace accident in Lucedale.
The Sun Herald reports Thomas Patrick Harlan Jr. died after he was struck on the head by a pole at Tri-State Pole and Piling. The business is a family owned company that manufactures poles used by power companies. It has been in operation for more than 36 years.
Authorities say the teen was the son of Thomas Harlan Sr., one of the owners.
Shonna Pierce, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, says a worker was operating a loader to stack poles when one of them bounced off and struck the teen on the head.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million