C Spire using Alcatel-Lucent technology for network build-out
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2012
RIDGELAND — C Spire Wireless is working with Alcatel-Lucent to build and deploy the initial phase of its 4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) high-speed mobile broadband network.
C Spire reports it is investing $60 million for the initial phase of 4G LTE mobile broadband services in 20 Mississippi markets beginning in September covering 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and more than 360 cell sites. The new service will provide four out of every 10 consumers and businesses in Mississippi with wireless data speeds up to 10 times faster than today, allowing C Spire to be the first provider to make these services widely available in the state.
C Spire is deploying Alcatel-Lucent’s end-to-end 4G LTE solution, including base stations, IP mobile backhaul for 4G LTE and existing 3G CDMA traffic, Wireless Packet Core (WPC) and a complete IP Multi-Media Subsystem (IMS) network core, which will allow C Spire to develop and offer a portfolio of advanced IP-based services, such as Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE), according to Eric Hollingsworth, vice president of Network Operations for C Spire Wireless.
Since announcing the initial phase of its 4G LTE plans in early March, C Spire has made significant progress in deploying key elements of its next generation high-speed mobile broadband network, including installation and testing of all major core network elements, completion of the second phase of base station equipment installation and integration of Ethernet backhaul at more than 70 percent of the 360 plus cell sites slated for 4G LTE service, according to Hollingsworth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “C Spire using Alcatel-Lucent technology for network build-out”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip