Marine Resources releases new edition of saltwater fishing guide
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The 2012-2013 edition of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ (MDMR) Guide to Mississippi Saltwater Fishing Rules and Regulations is now available at the MDMR office located at 1141 Bayview Avenue in Biloxi and will soon be available at bait shops all along the Coast.
It can also be downloaded at dmr.ms.gov.
The free guide incorporates new and revised saltwater fishing regulations for the State of Mississippi. The guides are also being distributed to locations where saltwater fishing license are sold.
The 36-page fishing regulations book includes information on commercial and recreational saltwater fishing, license requirements, size and possession limits, descriptions of fish, and covers topics such as proper venting procedures, catch and release, protected species, marine litter and invasive species. The guide also features shark identification pages.
The guide features the original artwork of Joe Jewell, a member of the MDMR’s Office of Marine Fisheries staff. Jewell has provided illustrations for the fishing regulations book since 1999.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey