Marine Resources releases new edition of saltwater fishing guide
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The 2012-2013 edition of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ (MDMR) Guide to Mississippi Saltwater Fishing Rules and Regulations is now available at the MDMR office located at 1141 Bayview Avenue in Biloxi and will soon be available at bait shops all along the Coast.
It can also be downloaded at dmr.ms.gov.
The free guide incorporates new and revised saltwater fishing regulations for the State of Mississippi. The guides are also being distributed to locations where saltwater fishing license are sold.
The 36-page fishing regulations book includes information on commercial and recreational saltwater fishing, license requirements, size and possession limits, descriptions of fish, and covers topics such as proper venting procedures, catch and release, protected species, marine litter and invasive species. The guide also features shark identification pages.
The guide features the original artwork of Joe Jewell, a member of the MDMR’s Office of Marine Fisheries staff. Jewell has provided illustrations for the fishing regulations book since 1999.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau