Hosemann: Response to voter ID initiative ‘limited’
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 5,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office reports its outreach initiative offering assistance to individuals with no acceptable forms of photo voter identification has received limited response in its first two weeks.
“We have inundated the state with outreach initiatives requesting these individuals contact our office,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “So far, only 75 individuals have contacted our office, and of those 75 only 35 had no form of identification.”
The Secretary of State’s Office reports it sent over 5,000 posters and over 10,000 postcards to locations across the state, asking individuals who may not have an acceptable form of photo voter identification to contact our agency. A toll free hotline and website are available, as well.
“We have sent materials to all 82 counties across the State encouraging people to contact us,” adds Secretary Hosemann. “We are hoping this limited response is due to a limited number of individuals who do not have an acceptable form of voter identification.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November