HORNE celebrates 50th anniversary with community service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 6,2012
RIDGELAND — HORNE LLP will close the firm’s 12 office locations Oct. 1 and celebrate the firm’s 50th anniversary with a firm-wide day of service.
More than 400 team members across the Southeast will serve in their communities to mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of the firm on Oct. 1.
The announcement comes as the firm hits the halfway point in their 50 Days of Service project, a yearlong anniversary project that commits HORNE team members to 50 days of service in the communities where they live and work.
Executive partner Joey Havens, CPA, said, “We believe in living out our mission of creating value and making a difference especially in our communities.”
As part of HORNE’s 50 Days of Service project, team members in HORNE’s metro Jackson area have participated in Souper Bowl of Caring, Lemonade Day, Run for Hope, and volunteered for Ronald McDonald House, Mississippi Blood Services blood drive, collected used eyeglasses for the Lions Club and more than 50 HORNE representatives ran in Gov. Phil Bryant’s inaugural 5K Race for Health June 30. Among the 25 completed projects across the firm, team members have volunteered for organizations such as the Special Olympics, Ronald McDonald House and American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge