William Carey, MGCCC sign new partnership agreement
Published: July 6,2012
HATTIESBURG and MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — William Carey University and Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College have signed an agreement that allows students to easily transfer credits.
The partnership will affect students majoring in nursing and criminal justice at MGCCC. For criminal justice students, once they receive their associate’s degree at Gulf Coast and they decide to continue their education at William Carey, up to 64 credit hours will transfer with them.
For nursing students, a maximum of 60-nursing and general course credits at Gulf Coast will be accepted at William Carey.
Since William Carey’s Hattiesburg campus does not offer a criminal justice program, the criminal justice credits at MGCCC will only apply at the Tradition campus in Harrison County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force