Another electricity cooperative suspends e-checks due to scams
Published: July 10,2012
HATTIESBURG — The Dixie Electric Power Association is not accepting e-check payments due to a recent scam, claiming that the federal government is paying utility bills.
The Hattiesburg American reports the scam included an invalid routing number, prompting the association’s management to shut down the e-check payment option until further notice.
Aaron Zumwalt, administration and finance manager, says customers can pay their bills online using a credit or debit card.
Dixie Electric serves 38,000 accounts with electric energy in Jones, Wayne, Forrest, Perry, Clarke, Covington and Jasper counties.
Southern Pine Electric Power Association in Taylorsville has also discontinued acceptance of e-checks due to the scam.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year