Another electricity cooperative suspends e-checks due to scams
Published: July 10,2012
HATTIESBURG — The Dixie Electric Power Association is not accepting e-check payments due to a recent scam, claiming that the federal government is paying utility bills.
The Hattiesburg American reports the scam included an invalid routing number, prompting the association’s management to shut down the e-check payment option until further notice.
Aaron Zumwalt, administration and finance manager, says customers can pay their bills online using a credit or debit card.
Dixie Electric serves 38,000 accounts with electric energy in Jones, Wayne, Forrest, Perry, Clarke, Covington and Jasper counties.
Southern Pine Electric Power Association in Taylorsville has also discontinued acceptance of e-checks due to the scam.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment