Another MMC Materials plant earns environmental certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
GREENVILLE — The National Ready Mix Concrete Association reports MMC Materials Inc.’s Greenville plant meets the requirements for Green Star certification.
This certification is awarded to concrete plants that satisfy stringent environmental requirements in the supply of concrete and concrete related products.
This is MMC’s fourth ready mix concrete plant to achieve this honor. The other Mississippi-based plants are in Jackson, Brandon and Horn Lake. Other MMC plants slated to achieve Green Star certification this year are in Starkville and Hattiesburg.
According to MMC, it is among less than 4 percent of the U.S. ready mixed concrete plants that have attained this national recognition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that