Another MMC Materials plant earns environmental certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
GREENVILLE — The National Ready Mix Concrete Association reports MMC Materials Inc.’s Greenville plant meets the requirements for Green Star certification.
This certification is awarded to concrete plants that satisfy stringent environmental requirements in the supply of concrete and concrete related products.
This is MMC’s fourth ready mix concrete plant to achieve this honor. The other Mississippi-based plants are in Jackson, Brandon and Horn Lake. Other MMC plants slated to achieve Green Star certification this year are in Starkville and Hattiesburg.
According to MMC, it is among less than 4 percent of the U.S. ready mixed concrete plants that have attained this national recognition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges