Another MMC Materials plant earns environmental certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
GREENVILLE — The National Ready Mix Concrete Association reports MMC Materials Inc.’s Greenville plant meets the requirements for Green Star certification.
This certification is awarded to concrete plants that satisfy stringent environmental requirements in the supply of concrete and concrete related products.
This is MMC’s fourth ready mix concrete plant to achieve this honor. The other Mississippi-based plants are in Jackson, Brandon and Horn Lake. Other MMC plants slated to achieve Green Star certification this year are in Starkville and Hattiesburg.
According to MMC, it is among less than 4 percent of the U.S. ready mixed concrete plants that have attained this national recognition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy