Another MMC Materials plant earns environmental certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
GREENVILLE — The National Ready Mix Concrete Association reports MMC Materials Inc.’s Greenville plant meets the requirements for Green Star certification.
This certification is awarded to concrete plants that satisfy stringent environmental requirements in the supply of concrete and concrete related products.
This is MMC’s fourth ready mix concrete plant to achieve this honor. The other Mississippi-based plants are in Jackson, Brandon and Horn Lake. Other MMC plants slated to achieve Green Star certification this year are in Starkville and Hattiesburg.
According to MMC, it is among less than 4 percent of the U.S. ready mixed concrete plants that have attained this national recognition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs