Genesis Energy to create new jobs for handling of dilbit
Published: July 10,2012
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy L.P. says it plans to create 20 jobs in Adams County to handle the transportation of a product made from bitumen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the Houston, Texas-based company is partnering with Southern Pacific Resource Corp. to transport dilbit, a combination of diluent and bitumen, to Gulf Coast refineries.
The newspaper reports that Southern Pacific mines bitumen from Canadian oil sands. Dilbit will be shipped by rail to Natchez and off-loaded into the Genesis Energy terminal at the Adams County Port.
As Southern Pacific’s production increases, Genesis Energy’s operations in Natchez could result in about 20,000 additional rail car shipments leaving the port each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)