Genesis Energy to create new jobs for handling of dilbit
Published: July 10,2012
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy L.P. says it plans to create 20 jobs in Adams County to handle the transportation of a product made from bitumen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the Houston, Texas-based company is partnering with Southern Pacific Resource Corp. to transport dilbit, a combination of diluent and bitumen, to Gulf Coast refineries.
The newspaper reports that Southern Pacific mines bitumen from Canadian oil sands. Dilbit will be shipped by rail to Natchez and off-loaded into the Genesis Energy terminal at the Adams County Port.
As Southern Pacific’s production increases, Genesis Energy’s operations in Natchez could result in about 20,000 additional rail car shipments leaving the port each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics