Genesis Energy to create new jobs for handling of dilbit
Published: July 10,2012
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy L.P. says it plans to create 20 jobs in Adams County to handle the transportation of a product made from bitumen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the Houston, Texas-based company is partnering with Southern Pacific Resource Corp. to transport dilbit, a combination of diluent and bitumen, to Gulf Coast refineries.
The newspaper reports that Southern Pacific mines bitumen from Canadian oil sands. Dilbit will be shipped by rail to Natchez and off-loaded into the Genesis Energy terminal at the Adams County Port.
As Southern Pacific’s production increases, Genesis Energy’s operations in Natchez could result in about 20,000 additional rail car shipments leaving the port each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal