Genesis Energy to create new jobs for handling of dilbit
by Associated Press
Published: July 10,2012
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy L.P. says it plans to create 20 jobs in Adams County to handle the transportation of a product made from bitumen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the Houston, Texas-based company is partnering with Southern Pacific Resource Corp. to transport dilbit, a combination of diluent and bitumen, to Gulf Coast refineries.
The newspaper reports that Southern Pacific mines bitumen from Canadian oil sands. Dilbit will be shipped by rail to Natchez and off-loaded into the Genesis Energy terminal at the Adams County Port.
As Southern Pacific’s production increases, Genesis Energy’s operations in Natchez could result in about 20,000 additional rail car shipments leaving the port each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones