Genesis Energy to create new jobs for handling of dilbit
Published: July 10,2012
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy L.P. says it plans to create 20 jobs in Adams County to handle the transportation of a product made from bitumen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the Houston, Texas-based company is partnering with Southern Pacific Resource Corp. to transport dilbit, a combination of diluent and bitumen, to Gulf Coast refineries.
The newspaper reports that Southern Pacific mines bitumen from Canadian oil sands. Dilbit will be shipped by rail to Natchez and off-loaded into the Genesis Energy terminal at the Adams County Port.
As Southern Pacific’s production increases, Genesis Energy’s operations in Natchez could result in about 20,000 additional rail car shipments leaving the port each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP