Officials celebrate opening of new Highland facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
PICAYUNE — After years of planning and construction, the new Highland Community Hospital is complete.
The new three-story facility holds 60 inpatient beds and an expanded Emergency Room that is nearly double the size of the original Highland facility’s ER. The new emergency care department’s layout is designed to minimize the patient’s time from door to doctor, including three minor care treatment rooms and additional space for surgery, diagnostic testing such as x-rays and expectant and new moms and their babies.
New medical office buildings offer access to physicians with a variety of specialties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015