Officials celebrate opening of new Highland facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2012
PICAYUNE — After years of planning and construction, the new Highland Community Hospital is complete.
The new three-story facility holds 60 inpatient beds and an expanded Emergency Room that is nearly double the size of the original Highland facility’s ER. The new emergency care department’s layout is designed to minimize the patient’s time from door to doctor, including three minor care treatment rooms and additional space for surgery, diagnostic testing such as x-rays and expectant and new moms and their babies.
New medical office buildings offer access to physicians with a variety of specialties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability