Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates
Published: July 10,2012
FORREST COUNTY — The Pentagon says a joint venture between two Mississippi construction companies has won a $41.4 million contract to build an operational readiness training complex at Camp Shelby.
The companies are DCD Construction Inc. of Ocean Springs and W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Inc. of Philadelphia.
Glen Higgs of DCD says the contract calls for four four-story barracks buildings, a physical plant building and accompanying site work.
The military news release says the National Guard Bureau in Jackson received 12 other bids for the work. It is scheduled to be completed June 14, 2014.
The Pentagon also says EADS North America, Inc., of Herndon, Va., received a $15.2 million modification on a contract for contractor logistic support at Columbus with an estimated completion date of June 30, 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams