Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates
Published: July 10,2012
FORREST COUNTY — The Pentagon says a joint venture between two Mississippi construction companies has won a $41.4 million contract to build an operational readiness training complex at Camp Shelby.
The companies are DCD Construction Inc. of Ocean Springs and W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Inc. of Philadelphia.
Glen Higgs of DCD says the contract calls for four four-story barracks buildings, a physical plant building and accompanying site work.
The military news release says the National Guard Bureau in Jackson received 12 other bids for the work. It is scheduled to be completed June 14, 2014.
The Pentagon also says EADS North America, Inc., of Herndon, Va., received a $15.2 million modification on a contract for contractor logistic support at Columbus with an estimated completion date of June 30, 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win