Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates
by Associated Press
Published: July 10,2012
FORREST COUNTY — The Pentagon says a joint venture between two Mississippi construction companies has won a $41.4 million contract to build an operational readiness training complex at Camp Shelby.
The companies are DCD Construction Inc. of Ocean Springs and W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Inc. of Philadelphia.
Glen Higgs of DCD says the contract calls for four four-story barracks buildings, a physical plant building and accompanying site work.
The military news release says the National Guard Bureau in Jackson received 12 other bids for the work. It is scheduled to be completed June 14, 2014.
The Pentagon also says EADS North America, Inc., of Herndon, Va., received a $15.2 million modification on a contract for contractor logistic support at Columbus with an estimated completion date of June 30, 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip