Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates
by Associated Press
Published: July 10,2012
FORREST COUNTY — The Pentagon says a joint venture between two Mississippi construction companies has won a $41.4 million contract to build an operational readiness training complex at Camp Shelby.
The companies are DCD Construction Inc. of Ocean Springs and W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Inc. of Philadelphia.
Glen Higgs of DCD says the contract calls for four four-story barracks buildings, a physical plant building and accompanying site work.
The military news release says the National Guard Bureau in Jackson received 12 other bids for the work. It is scheduled to be completed June 14, 2014.
The Pentagon also says EADS North America, Inc., of Herndon, Va., received a $15.2 million modification on a contract for contractor logistic support at Columbus with an estimated completion date of June 30, 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn