Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates
Published: July 10,2012
FORREST COUNTY — The Pentagon says a joint venture between two Mississippi construction companies has won a $41.4 million contract to build an operational readiness training complex at Camp Shelby.
The companies are DCD Construction Inc. of Ocean Springs and W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Inc. of Philadelphia.
Glen Higgs of DCD says the contract calls for four four-story barracks buildings, a physical plant building and accompanying site work.
The military news release says the National Guard Bureau in Jackson received 12 other bids for the work. It is scheduled to be completed June 14, 2014.
The Pentagon also says EADS North America, Inc., of Herndon, Va., received a $15.2 million modification on a contract for contractor logistic support at Columbus with an estimated completion date of June 30, 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pentagon awards Camp Shelby project to DCD, Yates”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson