Southern Motion opens another furniture plant
by Associated Press
Published: July 11,2012
BALDWYN — Upholstered furniture maker Southern Motion has officially opened its Baldwyn plant.
The company already has four facilities employing a combined 1,025 people in Pontotoc. Its newest plant, which began operations in March, employs 60 workers but is expected to grow.
The facility previously housed Forefront Golf, a golf accessory plant owned by James M. Davis before he pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Stanford Financial Group’s Ponzi scheme.
Southern Motion snapped it up as part of a bid process in April 2011.
Started in 1996, Southern Motion makes upholstered reclining furniture. Its Baldwyn plant can produce between 120-140 units per day on its assembly line. Officials say they hope to add several more lines soon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years