Southern Motion opens another furniture plant
Published: July 11,2012
BALDWYN — Upholstered furniture maker Southern Motion has officially opened its Baldwyn plant.
The company already has four facilities employing a combined 1,025 people in Pontotoc. Its newest plant, which began operations in March, employs 60 workers but is expected to grow.
The facility previously housed Forefront Golf, a golf accessory plant owned by James M. Davis before he pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Stanford Financial Group’s Ponzi scheme.
Southern Motion snapped it up as part of a bid process in April 2011.
Started in 1996, Southern Motion makes upholstered reclining furniture. Its Baldwyn plant can produce between 120-140 units per day on its assembly line. Officials say they hope to add several more lines soon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators