Southern Motion opens another furniture plant
Published: July 11,2012
BALDWYN — Upholstered furniture maker Southern Motion has officially opened its Baldwyn plant.
The company already has four facilities employing a combined 1,025 people in Pontotoc. Its newest plant, which began operations in March, employs 60 workers but is expected to grow.
The facility previously housed Forefront Golf, a golf accessory plant owned by James M. Davis before he pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Stanford Financial Group’s Ponzi scheme.
Southern Motion snapped it up as part of a bid process in April 2011.
Started in 1996, Southern Motion makes upholstered reclining furniture. Its Baldwyn plant can produce between 120-140 units per day on its assembly line. Officials say they hope to add several more lines soon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions