Southern Motion opens another furniture plant
Published: July 11,2012
BALDWYN — Upholstered furniture maker Southern Motion has officially opened its Baldwyn plant.
The company already has four facilities employing a combined 1,025 people in Pontotoc. Its newest plant, which began operations in March, employs 60 workers but is expected to grow.
The facility previously housed Forefront Golf, a golf accessory plant owned by James M. Davis before he pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Stanford Financial Group’s Ponzi scheme.
Southern Motion snapped it up as part of a bid process in April 2011.
Started in 1996, Southern Motion makes upholstered reclining furniture. Its Baldwyn plant can produce between 120-140 units per day on its assembly line. Officials say they hope to add several more lines soon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal