Cadence consolidating call centers; laying off workers
Published: July 12,2012
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank will lay off 17 workers at its operations center in Starkville.
President Mark Abernathy tells the Starkville Daily News the layoffs will occur at the end of September.
Abernathy says the Starkville operations will be consolidated with the center in Birmingham, Ala. He says the exact date is not firm.
Abernathy says the bank will try to find jobs for those laid off in addition to providing severance packages.
Abernathy says the consolidation will create about 17 new jobs in Birmingham. He says the laid off workers can apply for those jobs.
Cadence Bank, which was acquired by Community Bancorp LLC of Houston, Texas, in 2011, has branches in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi