Cadence consolidating call centers; laying off workers
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2012
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank will lay off 17 workers at its operations center in Starkville.
President Mark Abernathy tells the Starkville Daily News the layoffs will occur at the end of September.
Abernathy says the Starkville operations will be consolidated with the center in Birmingham, Ala. He says the exact date is not firm.
Abernathy says the bank will try to find jobs for those laid off in addition to providing severance packages.
Abernathy says the consolidation will create about 17 new jobs in Birmingham. He says the laid off workers can apply for those jobs.
Cadence Bank, which was acquired by Community Bancorp LLC of Houston, Texas, in 2011, has branches in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district