Cadence consolidating call centers; laying off workers
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2012
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank will lay off 17 workers at its operations center in Starkville.
President Mark Abernathy tells the Starkville Daily News the layoffs will occur at the end of September.
Abernathy says the Starkville operations will be consolidated with the center in Birmingham, Ala. He says the exact date is not firm.
Abernathy says the bank will try to find jobs for those laid off in addition to providing severance packages.
Abernathy says the consolidation will create about 17 new jobs in Birmingham. He says the laid off workers can apply for those jobs.
Cadence Bank, which was acquired by Community Bancorp LLC of Houston, Texas, in 2011, has branches in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data