Cadence consolidating call centers; laying off workers
Published: July 12,2012
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank will lay off 17 workers at its operations center in Starkville.
President Mark Abernathy tells the Starkville Daily News the layoffs will occur at the end of September.
Abernathy says the Starkville operations will be consolidated with the center in Birmingham, Ala. He says the exact date is not firm.
Abernathy says the bank will try to find jobs for those laid off in addition to providing severance packages.
Abernathy says the consolidation will create about 17 new jobs in Birmingham. He says the laid off workers can apply for those jobs.
Cadence Bank, which was acquired by Community Bancorp LLC of Houston, Texas, in 2011, has branches in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal