Cadence consolidating call centers; laying off workers
Published: July 12,2012
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank will lay off 17 workers at its operations center in Starkville.
President Mark Abernathy tells the Starkville Daily News the layoffs will occur at the end of September.
Abernathy says the Starkville operations will be consolidated with the center in Birmingham, Ala. He says the exact date is not firm.
Abernathy says the bank will try to find jobs for those laid off in addition to providing severance packages.
Abernathy says the consolidation will create about 17 new jobs in Birmingham. He says the laid off workers can apply for those jobs.
Cadence Bank, which was acquired by Community Bancorp LLC of Houston, Texas, in 2011, has branches in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility