Company raising money for documentary on rebuilding of The Shed
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — A New Orleans-based production company has launched an online campaign to raise $80,000 for a documentary film on The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint in Ocean Springs and the rebuilding efforts following the fire that burned the restaurant to the ground.
Elephant Quilt Productions owner Jason Rhein tells The Sun Herald the money raised would go to cover costs for production and post-production, along with film festival entry fees,
He said he hopes to complete the documentary, which has a working title of “The Shed,” by early to mid-2013 and enter it in festivals such as Sundance, Cannes and South by Southwest.
The Shed burned down in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue