Company raising money for documentary on rebuilding of The Shed
Published: July 12,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — A New Orleans-based production company has launched an online campaign to raise $80,000 for a documentary film on The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint in Ocean Springs and the rebuilding efforts following the fire that burned the restaurant to the ground.
Elephant Quilt Productions owner Jason Rhein tells The Sun Herald the money raised would go to cover costs for production and post-production, along with film festival entry fees,
He said he hopes to complete the documentary, which has a working title of “The Shed,” by early to mid-2013 and enter it in festivals such as Sundance, Cannes and South by Southwest.
The Shed burned down in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015