Company raising money for documentary on rebuilding of The Shed
Published: July 12,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — A New Orleans-based production company has launched an online campaign to raise $80,000 for a documentary film on The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint in Ocean Springs and the rebuilding efforts following the fire that burned the restaurant to the ground.
Elephant Quilt Productions owner Jason Rhein tells The Sun Herald the money raised would go to cover costs for production and post-production, along with film festival entry fees,
He said he hopes to complete the documentary, which has a working title of “The Shed,” by early to mid-2013 and enter it in festivals such as Sundance, Cannes and South by Southwest.
The Shed burned down in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions