Company raising money for documentary on rebuilding of The Shed
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — A New Orleans-based production company has launched an online campaign to raise $80,000 for a documentary film on The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint in Ocean Springs and the rebuilding efforts following the fire that burned the restaurant to the ground.
Elephant Quilt Productions owner Jason Rhein tells The Sun Herald the money raised would go to cover costs for production and post-production, along with film festival entry fees,
He said he hopes to complete the documentary, which has a working title of “The Shed,” by early to mid-2013 and enter it in festivals such as Sundance, Cannes and South by Southwest.
The Shed burned down in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain