Consultant expected to release remap proposal to city council
Published: July 12,2012
JACKSON — A consultant firm hired by the city of Jackson to help with City Council redistricting efforts says it’s almost ready to submit a final remap proposal for the council’s vote.
D.L. Johnson Consultants says the proposal relies heavily on the input of each council member.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Hollis Watkins, one of the consultants, noted in a progress report there is a dispute over what the final plan should look like. Watkins said the disagreement between council members Frank Bluntson and LaRita Cooper-Stokes was the only thing holding up the plan.
Watkins said that if the agreement isn’t resolved, the consultants wOULD provide two proposals, each adopting one of the council members’ position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss