Consultant expected to release remap proposal to city council
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2012
JACKSON — A consultant firm hired by the city of Jackson to help with City Council redistricting efforts says it’s almost ready to submit a final remap proposal for the council’s vote.
D.L. Johnson Consultants says the proposal relies heavily on the input of each council member.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Hollis Watkins, one of the consultants, noted in a progress report there is a dispute over what the final plan should look like. Watkins said the disagreement between council members Frank Bluntson and LaRita Cooper-Stokes was the only thing holding up the plan.
Watkins said that if the agreement isn’t resolved, the consultants wOULD provide two proposals, each adopting one of the council members’ position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years