Consultant expected to release remap proposal to city council
Published: July 12,2012
JACKSON — A consultant firm hired by the city of Jackson to help with City Council redistricting efforts says it’s almost ready to submit a final remap proposal for the council’s vote.
D.L. Johnson Consultants says the proposal relies heavily on the input of each council member.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Hollis Watkins, one of the consultants, noted in a progress report there is a dispute over what the final plan should look like. Watkins said the disagreement between council members Frank Bluntson and LaRita Cooper-Stokes was the only thing holding up the plan.
Watkins said that if the agreement isn’t resolved, the consultants wOULD provide two proposals, each adopting one of the council members’ position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast