Consultant expected to release remap proposal to city council
Published: July 12,2012
JACKSON — A consultant firm hired by the city of Jackson to help with City Council redistricting efforts says it’s almost ready to submit a final remap proposal for the council’s vote.
D.L. Johnson Consultants says the proposal relies heavily on the input of each council member.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Hollis Watkins, one of the consultants, noted in a progress report there is a dispute over what the final plan should look like. Watkins said the disagreement between council members Frank Bluntson and LaRita Cooper-Stokes was the only thing holding up the plan.
Watkins said that if the agreement isn’t resolved, the consultants wOULD provide two proposals, each adopting one of the council members’ position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot