Estes returns to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Dr. Tom Estes has been named interim vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. Estes previously served as vice president for business and finance from 1976 to 1992.
In this role, Estes replaces Chad Driskell, executive assistant to the president for external affairs, who had been taking on the additional duties of the vice presidency on an interim basis since February.
Estes was a member of the faculty at Southern Miss for five years, then from 1976 to 1992 served as vice president for business and finance, a position that has evolved into the vice president for finance and administration. From 1992 until his retirement in 2007, Estes was the senior vice president for finance and administration at Mercer University in Georgia.
A 1963 graduate of Southern Miss, Estes earned a master’s degree from Oklahoma State University in 1964 and a Ph.D. from Arkansas in 1971. The Natchez native is married to wife Frances and has three adult children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports