Estes returns to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Dr. Tom Estes has been named interim vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. Estes previously served as vice president for business and finance from 1976 to 1992.
In this role, Estes replaces Chad Driskell, executive assistant to the president for external affairs, who had been taking on the additional duties of the vice presidency on an interim basis since February.
Estes was a member of the faculty at Southern Miss for five years, then from 1976 to 1992 served as vice president for business and finance, a position that has evolved into the vice president for finance and administration. From 1992 until his retirement in 2007, Estes was the senior vice president for finance and administration at Mercer University in Georgia.
A 1963 graduate of Southern Miss, Estes earned a master’s degree from Oklahoma State University in 1964 and a Ph.D. from Arkansas in 1971. The Natchez native is married to wife Frances and has three adult children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast