Estes returns to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Dr. Tom Estes has been named interim vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. Estes previously served as vice president for business and finance from 1976 to 1992.
In this role, Estes replaces Chad Driskell, executive assistant to the president for external affairs, who had been taking on the additional duties of the vice presidency on an interim basis since February.
Estes was a member of the faculty at Southern Miss for five years, then from 1976 to 1992 served as vice president for business and finance, a position that has evolved into the vice president for finance and administration. From 1992 until his retirement in 2007, Estes was the senior vice president for finance and administration at Mercer University in Georgia.
A 1963 graduate of Southern Miss, Estes earned a master’s degree from Oklahoma State University in 1964 and a Ph.D. from Arkansas in 1971. The Natchez native is married to wife Frances and has three adult children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option