Estes returns to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Dr. Tom Estes has been named interim vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. Estes previously served as vice president for business and finance from 1976 to 1992.
In this role, Estes replaces Chad Driskell, executive assistant to the president for external affairs, who had been taking on the additional duties of the vice presidency on an interim basis since February.
Estes was a member of the faculty at Southern Miss for five years, then from 1976 to 1992 served as vice president for business and finance, a position that has evolved into the vice president for finance and administration. From 1992 until his retirement in 2007, Estes was the senior vice president for finance and administration at Mercer University in Georgia.
A 1963 graduate of Southern Miss, Estes earned a master’s degree from Oklahoma State University in 1964 and a Ph.D. from Arkansas in 1971. The Natchez native is married to wife Frances and has three adult children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City