Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law