Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom