Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant