Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center