Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs