Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Top 40 Under 40
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur