Extension taps Loper
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Randy Loper has been selected to lead the newly christened Extension Center for Technology Outreach, formerly the Department of Computer Applications and Services, at Mississippi State University’s Extension Service. Loper has served as the interim head since July 2010.
Loper received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MSU in computer science. He began his career in the Department of Computer Applications and Services as a student worker in 1984. An Extension employee since 1988, Loper has worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst while serving at the campus, state and national levels on various committees and in professional organizations.
He has provided technical expertise and support to state agencies, stakeholder organizations, and partners in business and industry, including the Department of Homeland Security, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, Farm Bureau and county supervisors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes