Johnson assumes presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Hernando mayor Chip Johnson has taken over as president of the Mississippi Municipal League. Johnson has been mayor of Hernando for seven years.
Johnson was elected MML second vice president in 2010 and just wrapped up his year as first vice president. He is the second league president from DeSoto County; then-mayor Joe Cates of Southaven was MML chief during 1996-97.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million