Johnson assumes presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Hernando mayor Chip Johnson has taken over as president of the Mississippi Municipal League. Johnson has been mayor of Hernando for seven years.
Johnson was elected MML second vice president in 2010 and just wrapped up his year as first vice president. He is the second league president from DeSoto County; then-mayor Joe Cates of Southaven was MML chief during 1996-97.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015