Johnson assumes presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Hernando mayor Chip Johnson has taken over as president of the Mississippi Municipal League. Johnson has been mayor of Hernando for seven years.
Johnson was elected MML second vice president in 2010 and just wrapped up his year as first vice president. He is the second league president from DeSoto County; then-mayor Joe Cates of Southaven was MML chief during 1996-97.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges