Johnson assumes presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Hernando mayor Chip Johnson has taken over as president of the Mississippi Municipal League. Johnson has been mayor of Hernando for seven years.
Johnson was elected MML second vice president in 2010 and just wrapped up his year as first vice president. He is the second league president from DeSoto County; then-mayor Joe Cates of Southaven was MML chief during 1996-97.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again