Magazine honors Stokes
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Jay Stokes has received the Hero of Conservation award from Field and Stream magazine for his charitable work organizing outdoor adventures for young people who do not have access to hunting and fishing opportunities.
Stokes, a 2007 graduate of Mississippi State University, founded Break-Away Outdoors while in college. This non-profit organization provides unique adventures for young people. Its goal is to instill in them a love for the outdoors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter