Magazine honors Stokes
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Jay Stokes has received the Hero of Conservation award from Field and Stream magazine for his charitable work organizing outdoor adventures for young people who do not have access to hunting and fishing opportunities.
Stokes, a 2007 graduate of Mississippi State University, founded Break-Away Outdoors while in college. This non-profit organization provides unique adventures for young people. Its goal is to instill in them a love for the outdoors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators