Magazine honors Stokes
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Jay Stokes has received the Hero of Conservation award from Field and Stream magazine for his charitable work organizing outdoor adventures for young people who do not have access to hunting and fishing opportunities.
Stokes, a 2007 graduate of Mississippi State University, founded Break-Away Outdoors while in college. This non-profit organization provides unique adventures for young people. Its goal is to instill in them a love for the outdoors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions