Rustin presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 15,2012
Clara Rustin, associate of science in nursing faculty member at Mississippi University for Women, has been awarded the Nena F. Sanders Award from Samford University’s Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing. Rustin has been the recipient of many awards including the Sigma Theta Tau “Excellence in Nursing Practice Award,” Board of Trustees of the State of Mississippi scholarship and an academic scholarship from MUW.
She has served as board member on several committees, is a member of the National League for Nursing, American Nurses Association, Mississippi Nurses Association and Zeta Rho Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau.
She is currently completing her doctorate of nursing practice at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala. Rustin received both her BSN and MSN degrees from MUW in 1983 and 1992. She is also a graduate of Pearl River Junior College where she earned her associate’s degree.
The West Point native is a family nurse practitioner at the MUW Campus Health Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center