Giesen presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
James C. Giesen, a Mississippi State University historian who also directs a university-based regional center, is being honored for his book on agriculture in the modern American South. He is receiving the first Deep South Book Prize for “Boll Weevil Blues: Cotton, Myth and Power in the American South” (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
Giesen, a doctoral graduate of the University of Georgia, is an assistant professor in the MSU history department and head of the Center for the History of Agriculture, Science, and the Environment of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency