Giesen presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
James C. Giesen, a Mississippi State University historian who also directs a university-based regional center, is being honored for his book on agriculture in the modern American South. He is receiving the first Deep South Book Prize for “Boll Weevil Blues: Cotton, Myth and Power in the American South” (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
Giesen, a doctoral graduate of the University of Georgia, is an assistant professor in the MSU history department and head of the Center for the History of Agriculture, Science, and the Environment of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring