Giesen presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
James C. Giesen, a Mississippi State University historian who also directs a university-based regional center, is being honored for his book on agriculture in the modern American South. He is receiving the first Deep South Book Prize for “Boll Weevil Blues: Cotton, Myth and Power in the American South” (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
Giesen, a doctoral graduate of the University of Georgia, is an assistant professor in the MSU history department and head of the Center for the History of Agriculture, Science, and the Environment of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions