Giesen presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
James C. Giesen, a Mississippi State University historian who also directs a university-based regional center, is being honored for his book on agriculture in the modern American South. He is receiving the first Deep South Book Prize for “Boll Weevil Blues: Cotton, Myth and Power in the American South” (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
Giesen, a doctoral graduate of the University of Georgia, is an assistant professor in the MSU history department and head of the Center for the History of Agriculture, Science, and the Environment of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities