Giesen presented award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
James C. Giesen, a Mississippi State University historian who also directs a university-based regional center, is being honored for his book on agriculture in the modern American South. He is receiving the first Deep South Book Prize for “Boll Weevil Blues: Cotton, Myth and Power in the American South” (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
Giesen, a doctoral graduate of the University of Georgia, is an assistant professor in the MSU history department and head of the Center for the History of Agriculture, Science, and the Environment of the South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team