Trailblazers present awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
The Mississippi Trailblazers recently honored its award winners. Chief Phyliss J. Anderson, tribal chief of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, was presented with the Mississippi Trailblazers Inspire Award.
Sam Haskell, Amory native and former executive vice president and worldwide head of television for the William Morris Agency, was honored with the Mississippi Trailblazer of the Year award.
Doyce Hancock Deas, arts and civic leader, philanthropist and public education supporter, was honored as the Tupelo Trailblazer.
Brig. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, native of Booneville and adjutant general of the Mississippi National Guard was presented with the Sam Haskell Spirit of America Award.
Aubrey Patterson, an Oxford native and chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, was presented with the Pinnacle Award.
Ora Reed, Lexington native and international performer and cultural ambassador of Mississippi as appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour, was presented with the Legacy Award.
Oleta Garrett Fitzgerald, director of the Children’s Defense Fund Southern Regional Office, and Nancy Loome, executive director of The Parents’ Campaign, both of Jackson, shared the Representative Leonard Morris Award for Public Service and Integrity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years