Trailblazers present awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
The Mississippi Trailblazers recently honored its award winners. Chief Phyliss J. Anderson, tribal chief of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, was presented with the Mississippi Trailblazers Inspire Award.
Sam Haskell, Amory native and former executive vice president and worldwide head of television for the William Morris Agency, was honored with the Mississippi Trailblazer of the Year award.
Doyce Hancock Deas, arts and civic leader, philanthropist and public education supporter, was honored as the Tupelo Trailblazer.
Brig. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, native of Booneville and adjutant general of the Mississippi National Guard was presented with the Sam Haskell Spirit of America Award.
Aubrey Patterson, an Oxford native and chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, was presented with the Pinnacle Award.
Ora Reed, Lexington native and international performer and cultural ambassador of Mississippi as appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour, was presented with the Legacy Award.
Oleta Garrett Fitzgerald, director of the Children’s Defense Fund Southern Regional Office, and Nancy Loome, executive director of The Parents’ Campaign, both of Jackson, shared the Representative Leonard Morris Award for Public Service and Integrity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal