Trailblazers present awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2012
The Mississippi Trailblazers recently honored its award winners. Chief Phyliss J. Anderson, tribal chief of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, was presented with the Mississippi Trailblazers Inspire Award.
Sam Haskell, Amory native and former executive vice president and worldwide head of television for the William Morris Agency, was honored with the Mississippi Trailblazer of the Year award.
Doyce Hancock Deas, arts and civic leader, philanthropist and public education supporter, was honored as the Tupelo Trailblazer.
Brig. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, native of Booneville and adjutant general of the Mississippi National Guard was presented with the Sam Haskell Spirit of America Award.
Aubrey Patterson, an Oxford native and chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, was presented with the Pinnacle Award.
Ora Reed, Lexington native and international performer and cultural ambassador of Mississippi as appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour, was presented with the Legacy Award.
Oleta Garrett Fitzgerald, director of the Children’s Defense Fund Southern Regional Office, and Nancy Loome, executive director of The Parents’ Campaign, both of Jackson, shared the Representative Leonard Morris Award for Public Service and Integrity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option