Bryant sets date for election to fill Flowers’ Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: July 17,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Gov. Phil Bryant says the election to fill a state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of Merle Flowers will be held during the Nov. 6 elections.
Bryant says in a news release holding the election for Mississippi Senate District 19 in DeSoto County on that day will save the cost of a special election because it coincides with the general election.
Flowers resigned July 11.
The qualifying deadline for candidates is Oct. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues