Bryant sets date for election to fill Flowers’ Senate seat
Published: July 17,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Gov. Phil Bryant says the election to fill a state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of Merle Flowers will be held during the Nov. 6 elections.
Bryant says in a news release holding the election for Mississippi Senate District 19 in DeSoto County on that day will save the cost of a special election because it coincides with the general election.
Flowers resigned July 11.
The qualifying deadline for candidates is Oct. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal