Bryant sets date for election to fill Flowers’ Senate seat
Published: July 17,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Gov. Phil Bryant says the election to fill a state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of Merle Flowers will be held during the Nov. 6 elections.
Bryant says in a news release holding the election for Mississippi Senate District 19 in DeSoto County on that day will save the cost of a special election because it coincides with the general election.
Flowers resigned July 11.
The qualifying deadline for candidates is Oct. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers