Bryant sets date for election to fill Flowers’ Senate seat
Published: July 17,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Gov. Phil Bryant says the election to fill a state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of Merle Flowers will be held during the Nov. 6 elections.
Bryant says in a news release holding the election for Mississippi Senate District 19 in DeSoto County on that day will save the cost of a special election because it coincides with the general election.
Flowers resigned July 11.
The qualifying deadline for candidates is Oct. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”