Bryant sets date for election to fill Flowers’ Senate seat
by Associated Press
Published: July 17,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Gov. Phil Bryant says the election to fill a state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of Merle Flowers will be held during the Nov. 6 elections.
Bryant says in a news release holding the election for Mississippi Senate District 19 in DeSoto County on that day will save the cost of a special election because it coincides with the general election.
Flowers resigned July 11.
The qualifying deadline for candidates is Oct. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation