MDA inviting businesses to construction expo in Mexico
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
Tags: community development, construction, contractor, economic development, exhibition, expoorting, export, exporter, exposition, foreign market, import, importer, importing, international trade, state agency
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is inviting state business leaders to participate in a building/construction/home improvement exhibition from Sept. 6-8 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The event will connect Mississippi businesses looking to expand trade and create business relationships with opportunities in the Latin American market. The Construction and Home Improvement Expo, which is held in 345,000 square feet of exhibition space, attracts over 80,000 visitors each year, according to the MDA.
During the exhibition, participating Mississippi businesses will meet one-on-one with qualified buyers regarding their products and services.
Qualified businesses are offered financial incentives to help offset certain costs related to the trip through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program.
The STEP program provides participating businesses with financial and administrative support in regards to the event. Participating businesses are reimbursed up to 50 percent of their travel costs and are provided translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled appointments with qualified buyers and government officials, free booth space and logistical support, including local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to register is Aug. 3. For more information or to obtain a registration form, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359-3045 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties can also visit www.mississippi.org/trade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast