MDA inviting businesses to construction expo in Mexico
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
Tags: community development, construction, contractor, economic development, exhibition, expoorting, export, exporter, exposition, foreign market, import, importer, importing, international trade, state agency
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is inviting state business leaders to participate in a building/construction/home improvement exhibition from Sept. 6-8 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The event will connect Mississippi businesses looking to expand trade and create business relationships with opportunities in the Latin American market. The Construction and Home Improvement Expo, which is held in 345,000 square feet of exhibition space, attracts over 80,000 visitors each year, according to the MDA.
During the exhibition, participating Mississippi businesses will meet one-on-one with qualified buyers regarding their products and services.
Qualified businesses are offered financial incentives to help offset certain costs related to the trip through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program.
The STEP program provides participating businesses with financial and administrative support in regards to the event. Participating businesses are reimbursed up to 50 percent of their travel costs and are provided translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled appointments with qualified buyers and government officials, free booth space and logistical support, including local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to register is Aug. 3. For more information or to obtain a registration form, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359-3045 or e-mail email@example.com. Interested parties can also visit www.mississippi.org/trade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal