MDA inviting businesses to construction expo in Mexico
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
Tags: community development, construction, contractor, economic development, exhibition, expoorting, export, exporter, exposition, foreign market, import, importer, importing, international trade, state agency
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is inviting state business leaders to participate in a building/construction/home improvement exhibition from Sept. 6-8 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The event will connect Mississippi businesses looking to expand trade and create business relationships with opportunities in the Latin American market. The Construction and Home Improvement Expo, which is held in 345,000 square feet of exhibition space, attracts over 80,000 visitors each year, according to the MDA.
During the exhibition, participating Mississippi businesses will meet one-on-one with qualified buyers regarding their products and services.
Qualified businesses are offered financial incentives to help offset certain costs related to the trip through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) grant program.
The STEP program provides participating businesses with financial and administrative support in regards to the event. Participating businesses are reimbursed up to 50 percent of their travel costs and are provided translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled appointments with qualified buyers and government officials, free booth space and logistical support, including local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to register is Aug. 3. For more information or to obtain a registration form, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359-3045 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties can also visit www.mississippi.org/trade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan