Port City to become ‘Hot Tamale Capital of the World’
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GREENVILLE — The city of Greenville has unofficially been the known as the best place to grab some hot tamales for years. Tomorrow, the city will make it official.
Mayor Chuck Jordan is scheduled to declare Greenville the “Hot Tamale Capital of the World” tomorrow at 10 a.m. on the front steps of City Hall.
The proclamation comes in advance of the Delta Hot Tamale Festival set for Oct. 20.
According to Southern Foodways Alliance, Greenville has more hot tamale restaurants/food stations than any other city in Mississippi. The Mississippi Delta Hot Tamale Trail, a project of Southern Foodways Alliance and Viking Corporation, notes the history of the hot tamale through documented oral histories archived on its website www.tamaletrail.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Port City to become ‘Hot Tamale Capital of the World’”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)