Port City to become ‘Hot Tamale Capital of the World’
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GREENVILLE — The city of Greenville has unofficially been the known as the best place to grab some hot tamales for years. Tomorrow, the city will make it official.
Mayor Chuck Jordan is scheduled to declare Greenville the “Hot Tamale Capital of the World” tomorrow at 10 a.m. on the front steps of City Hall.
The proclamation comes in advance of the Delta Hot Tamale Festival set for Oct. 20.
According to Southern Foodways Alliance, Greenville has more hot tamale restaurants/food stations than any other city in Mississippi. The Mississippi Delta Hot Tamale Trail, a project of Southern Foodways Alliance and Viking Corporation, notes the history of the hot tamale through documented oral histories archived on its website www.tamaletrail.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Port City to become ‘Hot Tamale Capital of the World’”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years