Post-merger committee formed to explore regionalism
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GOLDEN TRIANGLE — In light of the recent partnership formed between the Columbus Lowndes Development LINK and the West Point Community Growth Alliance, representatives from all corners of the Golden Triangle are now exploring the possibility of a regional economic development organization.
To formalize the development leadership of Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties into one organization, communities have appointed a steering committee to explore if a regional organization would be beneficial. The committee will submit a proposal for this partnership by Sept. 14.
Members of the steering committee are Clay County, Robbie Robinson and Jackie Edwards; Lowndes County, Gordon Flowers and Jim McAlexander; and, Oktibbeha County, Marvel Howard, Jack Wallace and Parker Wiseman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute