Post-merger committee formed to explore regionalism
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GOLDEN TRIANGLE — In light of the recent partnership formed between the Columbus Lowndes Development LINK and the West Point Community Growth Alliance, representatives from all corners of the Golden Triangle are now exploring the possibility of a regional economic development organization.
To formalize the development leadership of Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties into one organization, communities have appointed a steering committee to explore if a regional organization would be beneficial. The committee will submit a proposal for this partnership by Sept. 14.
Members of the steering committee are Clay County, Robbie Robinson and Jackie Edwards; Lowndes County, Gordon Flowers and Jim McAlexander; and, Oktibbeha County, Marvel Howard, Jack Wallace and Parker Wiseman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter