Post-merger committee formed to explore regionalism
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GOLDEN TRIANGLE — In light of the recent partnership formed between the Columbus Lowndes Development LINK and the West Point Community Growth Alliance, representatives from all corners of the Golden Triangle are now exploring the possibility of a regional economic development organization.
To formalize the development leadership of Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties into one organization, communities have appointed a steering committee to explore if a regional organization would be beneficial. The committee will submit a proposal for this partnership by Sept. 14.
Members of the steering committee are Clay County, Robbie Robinson and Jackie Edwards; Lowndes County, Gordon Flowers and Jim McAlexander; and, Oktibbeha County, Marvel Howard, Jack Wallace and Parker Wiseman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics