Post-merger committee formed to explore regionalism
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2012
GOLDEN TRIANGLE — In light of the recent partnership formed between the Columbus Lowndes Development LINK and the West Point Community Growth Alliance, representatives from all corners of the Golden Triangle are now exploring the possibility of a regional economic development organization.
To formalize the development leadership of Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties into one organization, communities have appointed a steering committee to explore if a regional organization would be beneficial. The committee will submit a proposal for this partnership by Sept. 14.
Members of the steering committee are Clay County, Robbie Robinson and Jackie Edwards; Lowndes County, Gordon Flowers and Jim McAlexander; and, Oktibbeha County, Marvel Howard, Jack Wallace and Parker Wiseman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments