City’s year-over-year sales tax collections up nearly 10%
by Associated Press
Published: July 18,2012
NATCHEZ — Sales tax collections in May for the city of Natchez increased 9.5 percent over May of last year.
The Natchez Democrat reports it was the 10th month of an upward trend in sales taxes for Natchez.
Overall sales tax collections totaled approximately $447,780, up approximately $38,980 from the $408,800 collected in May 2011.
City Clerk Donnie Holloway has repeatedly said that he believes the city will see a collective increase in collections for the 2011-2012 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move