City’s year-over-year sales tax collections up nearly 10%
Published: July 18,2012
NATCHEZ — Sales tax collections in May for the city of Natchez increased 9.5 percent over May of last year.
The Natchez Democrat reports it was the 10th month of an upward trend in sales taxes for Natchez.
Overall sales tax collections totaled approximately $447,780, up approximately $38,980 from the $408,800 collected in May 2011.
City Clerk Donnie Holloway has repeatedly said that he believes the city will see a collective increase in collections for the 2011-2012 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed