City’s year-over-year sales tax collections up nearly 10%
Published: July 18,2012
NATCHEZ — Sales tax collections in May for the city of Natchez increased 9.5 percent over May of last year.
The Natchez Democrat reports it was the 10th month of an upward trend in sales taxes for Natchez.
Overall sales tax collections totaled approximately $447,780, up approximately $38,980 from the $408,800 collected in May 2011.
City Clerk Donnie Holloway has repeatedly said that he believes the city will see a collective increase in collections for the 2011-2012 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma