City’s year-over-year sales tax collections up nearly 10%
Published: July 18,2012
NATCHEZ — Sales tax collections in May for the city of Natchez increased 9.5 percent over May of last year.
The Natchez Democrat reports it was the 10th month of an upward trend in sales taxes for Natchez.
Overall sales tax collections totaled approximately $447,780, up approximately $38,980 from the $408,800 collected in May 2011.
City Clerk Donnie Holloway has repeatedly said that he believes the city will see a collective increase in collections for the 2011-2012 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image