County borrowing money for multiple bridge repair projects
Published: July 18,2012
MCCOMB — Pike County will borrow $5.5 million to work on local bridges.
The Enterprise-Journal reports supervisors acted this past week after agreeing to advertise for bids to replace the bridge over the Tangipahoa River at Chatawa, work that will be paid for by bond funds.
Keith Lott of Neel-Schaffer engineering firm said the expected completion date for the Chatawa bridge is February 2013.
Money from the sale of bonds also will be used for work on the Leatherwood Road bridge over Topisaw Creek, a bridge on Brent Road over the Topisaw and one at Holmesville over the Bogue Chitto River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him