County borrowing money for multiple bridge repair projects
Published: July 18,2012
MCCOMB — Pike County will borrow $5.5 million to work on local bridges.
The Enterprise-Journal reports supervisors acted this past week after agreeing to advertise for bids to replace the bridge over the Tangipahoa River at Chatawa, work that will be paid for by bond funds.
Keith Lott of Neel-Schaffer engineering firm said the expected completion date for the Chatawa bridge is February 2013.
Money from the sale of bonds also will be used for work on the Leatherwood Road bridge over Topisaw Creek, a bridge on Brent Road over the Topisaw and one at Holmesville over the Bogue Chitto River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion