County borrowing money for multiple bridge repair projects
Published: July 18,2012
MCCOMB — Pike County will borrow $5.5 million to work on local bridges.
The Enterprise-Journal reports supervisors acted this past week after agreeing to advertise for bids to replace the bridge over the Tangipahoa River at Chatawa, work that will be paid for by bond funds.
Keith Lott of Neel-Schaffer engineering firm said the expected completion date for the Chatawa bridge is February 2013.
Money from the sale of bonds also will be used for work on the Leatherwood Road bridge over Topisaw Creek, a bridge on Brent Road over the Topisaw and one at Holmesville over the Bogue Chitto River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87