County borrowing money for multiple bridge repair projects
Published: July 18,2012
MCCOMB — Pike County will borrow $5.5 million to work on local bridges.
The Enterprise-Journal reports supervisors acted this past week after agreeing to advertise for bids to replace the bridge over the Tangipahoa River at Chatawa, work that will be paid for by bond funds.
Keith Lott of Neel-Schaffer engineering firm said the expected completion date for the Chatawa bridge is February 2013.
Money from the sale of bonds also will be used for work on the Leatherwood Road bridge over Topisaw Creek, a bridge on Brent Road over the Topisaw and one at Holmesville over the Bogue Chitto River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- ROBERT KHAYAT: Board made a big mistake in not renewing Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions