Airport lands funds to improve aircraft accommodations
Published: July 19,2012
CORINTH — Local officials have accepted a grant of $204,520 to improve aircraft accommodations by enclosing the hangars.
The Daily Corinthian reports Alcorn County and Corinth officials agreed to funds for work at the jointly owned airport.
Corinth-Alcorn County Airport officials say the project would be completed in 2013.
Airport board of directors chairman Waco Epperson says some aircraft have been damaged because the T-hangars are open to the elements.
Epperson says with enclosed hangars filled to capacity, the airport could generate almost $30,000 in additional income each year and bring additional people into the Corinth area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference