Cal-Maine Foods buying facilities in Texas from Pilgrim’s Pride
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include two production complexes with capacity for approximately 1.4 million laying hens and adjacent land located near Pittsburg, Texas. The company expects to close the transaction in August 2012.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Pilgrim’s Pride has an excellent reputation and strong brand recognition with a well-established customer base. These production facilities will complement our existing operations in Texas and the additional capacity will enhance our ability to serve our customers in the Texas markets. We welcome this opportunity for the continued growth of our business and the ability to provide greater value for our customers and shareholders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image