Cal-Maine Foods buying facilities in Texas from Pilgrim’s Pride
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include two production complexes with capacity for approximately 1.4 million laying hens and adjacent land located near Pittsburg, Texas. The company expects to close the transaction in August 2012.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Pilgrim’s Pride has an excellent reputation and strong brand recognition with a well-established customer base. These production facilities will complement our existing operations in Texas and the additional capacity will enhance our ability to serve our customers in the Texas markets. We welcome this opportunity for the continued growth of our business and the ability to provide greater value for our customers and shareholders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center