Cal-Maine Foods buying facilities in Texas from Pilgrim’s Pride
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include two production complexes with capacity for approximately 1.4 million laying hens and adjacent land located near Pittsburg, Texas. The company expects to close the transaction in August 2012.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Pilgrim’s Pride has an excellent reputation and strong brand recognition with a well-established customer base. These production facilities will complement our existing operations in Texas and the additional capacity will enhance our ability to serve our customers in the Texas markets. We welcome this opportunity for the continued growth of our business and the ability to provide greater value for our customers and shareholders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that