Cal-Maine Foods buying facilities in Texas from Pilgrim’s Pride
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include two production complexes with capacity for approximately 1.4 million laying hens and adjacent land located near Pittsburg, Texas. The company expects to close the transaction in August 2012.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Pilgrim’s Pride has an excellent reputation and strong brand recognition with a well-established customer base. These production facilities will complement our existing operations in Texas and the additional capacity will enhance our ability to serve our customers in the Texas markets. We welcome this opportunity for the continued growth of our business and the ability to provide greater value for our customers and shareholders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican