Cal-Maine Foods buying facilities in Texas from Pilgrim’s Pride
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire the commercial egg operations of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets to be purchased by Cal-Maine include two production complexes with capacity for approximately 1.4 million laying hens and adjacent land located near Pittsburg, Texas. The company expects to close the transaction in August 2012.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “Pilgrim’s Pride has an excellent reputation and strong brand recognition with a well-established customer base. These production facilities will complement our existing operations in Texas and the additional capacity will enhance our ability to serve our customers in the Texas markets. We welcome this opportunity for the continued growth of our business and the ability to provide greater value for our customers and shareholders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data