Comcast launches Xfinity Home service in metro Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Comcast has launched Xfinity Home across the company’s Jackson metropolitan service area.
Xfinity Home offers traditional home security components, like police and fire alarm protection backed by 24/7 monitoring as well as the ability to remotely adjust digital thermostats, turn lights on or off and watch secure live streaming video from wireless cameras while away from home. The service also comes with the Xfinity Home app, which is available for free on Apple’s iTunes App Store and Google Play for Android.
The service was first unveiled in Houston, Texas, in mid-2010 with the name Xfinity Home Security and is continuing to roll out into various markets in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery