Comcast launches Xfinity Home service in metro Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Comcast has launched Xfinity Home across the company’s Jackson metropolitan service area.
Xfinity Home offers traditional home security components, like police and fire alarm protection backed by 24/7 monitoring as well as the ability to remotely adjust digital thermostats, turn lights on or off and watch secure live streaming video from wireless cameras while away from home. The service also comes with the Xfinity Home app, which is available for free on Apple’s iTunes App Store and Google Play for Android.
The service was first unveiled in Houston, Texas, in mid-2010 with the name Xfinity Home Security and is continuing to roll out into various markets in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss