Comcast launches Xfinity Home service in metro Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — Comcast has launched Xfinity Home across the company’s Jackson metropolitan service area.
Xfinity Home offers traditional home security components, like police and fire alarm protection backed by 24/7 monitoring as well as the ability to remotely adjust digital thermostats, turn lights on or off and watch secure live streaming video from wireless cameras while away from home. The service also comes with the Xfinity Home app, which is available for free on Apple’s iTunes App Store and Google Play for Android.
The service was first unveiled in Houston, Texas, in mid-2010 with the name Xfinity Home Security and is continuing to roll out into various markets in the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant