Construction underway on USM’s new College of Business
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Preliminary construction work has begun on Scianna Hall, future home of the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi.
A temporary fence has been erected to encircle the project area, formerly known as Loyalty Field. Hanco Corp. of Hattiesburg is operating as the general contractor of the project.
On May 10, Southern Miss officials broke ground on Scianna Hall, a 93,000-square-foot facility that will sit adjacent to the Trent Lott National Center for Excellence in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship, facing U.S. 49 South.
The new building is named in honor of Southern Miss alumnus Charles “Chuck” Scianna, who has committed $6 million toward the project, which is estimated to cost $30 million. The estimated completion date is spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line