Construction underway on USM’s new College of Business
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Preliminary construction work has begun on Scianna Hall, future home of the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi.
A temporary fence has been erected to encircle the project area, formerly known as Loyalty Field. Hanco Corp. of Hattiesburg is operating as the general contractor of the project.
On May 10, Southern Miss officials broke ground on Scianna Hall, a 93,000-square-foot facility that will sit adjacent to the Trent Lott National Center for Excellence in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship, facing U.S. 49 South.
The new building is named in honor of Southern Miss alumnus Charles “Chuck” Scianna, who has committed $6 million toward the project, which is estimated to cost $30 million. The estimated completion date is spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month