Construction underway on USM’s new College of Business
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Preliminary construction work has begun on Scianna Hall, future home of the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi.
A temporary fence has been erected to encircle the project area, formerly known as Loyalty Field. Hanco Corp. of Hattiesburg is operating as the general contractor of the project.
On May 10, Southern Miss officials broke ground on Scianna Hall, a 93,000-square-foot facility that will sit adjacent to the Trent Lott National Center for Excellence in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship, facing U.S. 49 South.
The new building is named in honor of Southern Miss alumnus Charles “Chuck” Scianna, who has committed $6 million toward the project, which is estimated to cost $30 million. The estimated completion date is spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones