Molpus Woodlands, Boston firm purchase nearly 2M acres in four states
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
JACKSON — The Hancock Timber Resource Group of Boston and Jackson-based Molpus Woodlands Group have purchased the 1.88 million acre timberland portfolio of Forest Capital Partners, the companies report.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Hancock Timber is acquiring 376,000 acres in Louisiana, 573,000 acres in Oregon, 138,000 acres in Idaho and 264,000 acres in Washington.
Molpus is acquiring 286,000 acres in Minnesota, 110,000 acres in Louisiana and 138,000 acres in Idaho.
As part of the transaction, the vast majority of Forest Capital Partners’ employees associated with the timberlands will be merged into operations of the respective new managers, the Hancock Timber Resource Group or the Molpus Woodlands Group.
“With the opportunity to partner on this transaction, we are able to provide key assets to our clients, which we will oversee from new forestry offices in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and International Falls, Minn. We continue to be committed to the sound forestry stewardship practices historically associated with these properties,” said Molpus Woodlands Group president Dick Molpus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring