MSU Foundation sets new annual fundraising record
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
STARKVILLE — The Mississippi State University Foundation is marking the largest private giving year in the land-grant institution’s history.
Campus officials announced more than $86 million was raised during the just-ended 2012 fiscal year, an increase of more than $6 million from the previously held record of FY 11′s over $80.3 million total.
A major infusion from “StatePride: An Initiative for Student and Faculty Support” helped make the record year possible. To date, $98 million has been raised as StatePride moves toward a minimum $100 million goal by Dec. 31.
Chartered in 1962 to help attract private support, the MSU Foundation has raised more than $1 billion over the decades. Its largest fundraising year occurred in FY 11, with $80.3 million recorded. Previously, $60 million had been raised in consecutive years, 2009 and 2010.
Now celebrating its 134th anniversary, Mississippi State has more than 123,000 living graduates. During the just-ended year, the percentage of alumni who contributed held steady at 18 percent.
Also in fiscal year 12, MSU posted a record high in deferred gifts from individuals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain