MSU Foundation sets new annual fundraising record
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2012
STARKVILLE — The Mississippi State University Foundation is marking the largest private giving year in the land-grant institution’s history.
Campus officials announced more than $86 million was raised during the just-ended 2012 fiscal year, an increase of more than $6 million from the previously held record of FY 11′s over $80.3 million total.
A major infusion from “StatePride: An Initiative for Student and Faculty Support” helped make the record year possible. To date, $98 million has been raised as StatePride moves toward a minimum $100 million goal by Dec. 31.
Chartered in 1962 to help attract private support, the MSU Foundation has raised more than $1 billion over the decades. Its largest fundraising year occurred in FY 11, with $80.3 million recorded. Previously, $60 million had been raised in consecutive years, 2009 and 2010.
Now celebrating its 134th anniversary, Mississippi State has more than 123,000 living graduates. During the just-ended year, the percentage of alumni who contributed held steady at 18 percent.
Also in fiscal year 12, MSU posted a record high in deferred gifts from individuals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez