EastGroup’s earnings up 44% on property sale gains
Published: July 20,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit jumped in the second quarter on property sale gains.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose to $8.1 million, or 28 cents per share. That’s up 44 percent from $5.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had on-average predicted 23 cents per share.
Profit jumped $1.9 million after the company sold a Phoenix warehouse for $7 million in June.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.5 million, in line with analysts’ expectations.
EastGroup says it’s spending $44.6 million to build a total of eight new warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla. It said it spent $6.6 million on land for future development near Houston and in Denver.
Second-quarter occupancy was 93.1 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities