EastGroup’s earnings up 44% on property sale gains
by Associated Press
Published: July 20,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit jumped in the second quarter on property sale gains.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose to $8.1 million, or 28 cents per share. That’s up 44 percent from $5.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had on-average predicted 23 cents per share.
Profit jumped $1.9 million after the company sold a Phoenix warehouse for $7 million in June.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.5 million, in line with analysts’ expectations.
EastGroup says it’s spending $44.6 million to build a total of eight new warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla. It said it spent $6.6 million on land for future development near Houston and in Denver.
Second-quarter occupancy was 93.1 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy