EastGroup’s earnings up 44% on property sale gains
Published: July 20,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit jumped in the second quarter on property sale gains.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose to $8.1 million, or 28 cents per share. That’s up 44 percent from $5.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had on-average predicted 23 cents per share.
Profit jumped $1.9 million after the company sold a Phoenix warehouse for $7 million in June.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.5 million, in line with analysts’ expectations.
EastGroup says it’s spending $44.6 million to build a total of eight new warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla. It said it spent $6.6 million on land for future development near Houston and in Denver.
Second-quarter occupancy was 93.1 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County