EastGroup’s earnings up 44% on property sale gains
Published: July 20,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit jumped in the second quarter on property sale gains.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose to $8.1 million, or 28 cents per share. That’s up 44 percent from $5.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had on-average predicted 23 cents per share.
Profit jumped $1.9 million after the company sold a Phoenix warehouse for $7 million in June.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.5 million, in line with analysts’ expectations.
EastGroup says it’s spending $44.6 million to build a total of eight new warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla. It said it spent $6.6 million on land for future development near Houston and in Denver.
Second-quarter occupancy was 93.1 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal