EastGroup’s earnings up 44% on property sale gains
Published: July 20,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit jumped in the second quarter on property sale gains.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose to $8.1 million, or 28 cents per share. That’s up 44 percent from $5.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had on-average predicted 23 cents per share.
Profit jumped $1.9 million after the company sold a Phoenix warehouse for $7 million in June.
Quarterly revenue rose 8 percent to $46.5 million, in line with analysts’ expectations.
EastGroup says it’s spending $44.6 million to build a total of eight new warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla. It said it spent $6.6 million on land for future development near Houston and in Denver.
Second-quarter occupancy was 93.1 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi