Rotate Black signs letter to build four-star hotel at casino
Published: July 20,2012
GULFPORT — Casino company Rotate Black has signed a letter of intent with Hemingway Hotels and Resorts to operate a four-star hotel at the casino it wants to build at the Gulfport harbor.
The Sun Herald reports Dual Cooper, the president of Rotate Black, said the 205-room hotel will have outdoor saltwater swimming pools and cabanas among its many amenities. Tuckey Devlin, president of Hemingway Hotels and Resorts, said the agreement was signed this week. Devlin said the agreement is contingent on financing and approval of the casino project by Mississippi’s Gaming Commission.
Thursday’s news comes after the Gaming Commission has twice directed Rotate Black to bring something unique that will grow the casino market in Gulfport rather than split the existing revenue.
Rotate Black hasn’t scheduled a date to return to the Gaming Commission with its latest plans.
Hemingway Hotels is a new brand that is planning hotels that evoke the image of writer and adventurer Ernest Hemingway. “The project in Gulfport is all about real good, hard, fun living,” Devlin said.
The hotel would sponsor fishing tournaments and provide a variety of entertainment. And Hemingway Hotels each will contain a library featuring Hemingway’s books and other classics.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan