Award to remember Rubenstein
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in Jackson will honor its late director, Michael Rubenstein, with a new award. Hall executive director Rick Cleveland announced the creation of the Rube Award during a memorial service in Booneville, Rubenstein’s hometown. “Rube” was his nickname.
Rubenstein, a former sportscaster, died last December.
Cleveland says the first award will be presented July to honor an individual who has supported and contributed to sports in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015