Award to remember Rubenstein
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in Jackson will honor its late director, Michael Rubenstein, with a new award. Hall executive director Rick Cleveland announced the creation of the Rube Award during a memorial service in Booneville, Rubenstein’s hometown. “Rube” was his nickname.
Rubenstein, a former sportscaster, died last December.
Cleveland says the first award will be presented July to honor an individual who has supported and contributed to sports in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal