Award to remember Rubenstein
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in Jackson will honor its late director, Michael Rubenstein, with a new award. Hall executive director Rick Cleveland announced the creation of the Rube Award during a memorial service in Booneville, Rubenstein’s hometown. “Rube” was his nickname.
Rubenstein, a former sportscaster, died last December.
Cleveland says the first award will be presented July to honor an individual who has supported and contributed to sports in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital