Award to remember Rubenstein
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in Jackson will honor its late director, Michael Rubenstein, with a new award. Hall executive director Rick Cleveland announced the creation of the Rube Award during a memorial service in Booneville, Rubenstein’s hometown. “Rube” was his nickname.
Rubenstein, a former sportscaster, died last December.
Cleveland says the first award will be presented July to honor an individual who has supported and contributed to sports in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data