Award to remember Rubenstein
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in Jackson will honor its late director, Michael Rubenstein, with a new award. Hall executive director Rick Cleveland announced the creation of the Rube Award during a memorial service in Booneville, Rubenstein’s hometown. “Rube” was his nickname.
Rubenstein, a former sportscaster, died last December.
Cleveland says the first award will be presented July to honor an individual who has supported and contributed to sports in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk