Bryant presents first awards
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the inaugural Excellence in Government Awards to recognize excellence and innovation in public service. The Excellence in Local and District Government Award was given to Dr. Clyde Muse, president of Hinds Community College, and the Excellence in State Government Award was given to Trudy Fisher and Terri Torrence on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Selected for his impact on Hinds Community College, as well as his impact on the Mississippi community college system, Muse was recognized for his innovative approach to providing affordable and accessible education, including his public/private partnership with the Army National Guard; his local county/college partnership with Rankin County; and, his public school/community college partnership with the Gateway to College National Network which will be launched in Fall 2012.
Executive director Trudy Fisher and human resource director Terri Torrence of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were selected for MDEQ’s exemplary HR initiatives and best practices, including the Accelerated Training for Leadership and Succession, MDEQ Onboarding Program and 3G Training Series.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House