Bryant presents first awards
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the inaugural Excellence in Government Awards to recognize excellence and innovation in public service. The Excellence in Local and District Government Award was given to Dr. Clyde Muse, president of Hinds Community College, and the Excellence in State Government Award was given to Trudy Fisher and Terri Torrence on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Selected for his impact on Hinds Community College, as well as his impact on the Mississippi community college system, Muse was recognized for his innovative approach to providing affordable and accessible education, including his public/private partnership with the Army National Guard; his local county/college partnership with Rankin County; and, his public school/community college partnership with the Gateway to College National Network which will be launched in Fall 2012.
Executive director Trudy Fisher and human resource director Terri Torrence of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were selected for MDEQ’s exemplary HR initiatives and best practices, including the Accelerated Training for Leadership and Succession, MDEQ Onboarding Program and 3G Training Series.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation