Bryant presents first awards
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the inaugural Excellence in Government Awards to recognize excellence and innovation in public service. The Excellence in Local and District Government Award was given to Dr. Clyde Muse, president of Hinds Community College, and the Excellence in State Government Award was given to Trudy Fisher and Terri Torrence on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Selected for his impact on Hinds Community College, as well as his impact on the Mississippi community college system, Muse was recognized for his innovative approach to providing affordable and accessible education, including his public/private partnership with the Army National Guard; his local county/college partnership with Rankin County; and, his public school/community college partnership with the Gateway to College National Network which will be launched in Fall 2012.
Executive director Trudy Fisher and human resource director Terri Torrence of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were selected for MDEQ’s exemplary HR initiatives and best practices, including the Accelerated Training for Leadership and Succession, MDEQ Onboarding Program and 3G Training Series.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip