Bryant presents first awards
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the inaugural Excellence in Government Awards to recognize excellence and innovation in public service. The Excellence in Local and District Government Award was given to Dr. Clyde Muse, president of Hinds Community College, and the Excellence in State Government Award was given to Trudy Fisher and Terri Torrence on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Selected for his impact on Hinds Community College, as well as his impact on the Mississippi community college system, Muse was recognized for his innovative approach to providing affordable and accessible education, including his public/private partnership with the Army National Guard; his local county/college partnership with Rankin County; and, his public school/community college partnership with the Gateway to College National Network which will be launched in Fall 2012.
Executive director Trudy Fisher and human resource director Terri Torrence of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were selected for MDEQ’s exemplary HR initiatives and best practices, including the Accelerated Training for Leadership and Succession, MDEQ Onboarding Program and 3G Training Series.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist