Bryant presents first awards
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the inaugural Excellence in Government Awards to recognize excellence and innovation in public service. The Excellence in Local and District Government Award was given to Dr. Clyde Muse, president of Hinds Community College, and the Excellence in State Government Award was given to Trudy Fisher and Terri Torrence on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Selected for his impact on Hinds Community College, as well as his impact on the Mississippi community college system, Muse was recognized for his innovative approach to providing affordable and accessible education, including his public/private partnership with the Army National Guard; his local county/college partnership with Rankin County; and, his public school/community college partnership with the Gateway to College National Network which will be launched in Fall 2012.
Executive director Trudy Fisher and human resource director Terri Torrence of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were selected for MDEQ’s exemplary HR initiatives and best practices, including the Accelerated Training for Leadership and Succession, MDEQ Onboarding Program and 3G Training Series.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal