DSU taps Howell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Delta State University has named Laura Howell as interim executive director for the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Howell has served the last two years as arts education coordinator for the BPAC.
A native of the Netherlands, Howell grew up in North Carolina and attended college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she served as president of the university’s Pan-Hellenic Council. She is a Teach For America alumna and taught for two years at Carver Elementary School in Indianola.
Howell resides in Leland with her husband, Frank, and son, Erik. She serves on the board of directors for the Delta Children’s Museum and the Leland Chamber of Commerce and is a vestry member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager