DSU taps Howell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Delta State University has named Laura Howell as interim executive director for the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Howell has served the last two years as arts education coordinator for the BPAC.
A native of the Netherlands, Howell grew up in North Carolina and attended college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she served as president of the university’s Pan-Hellenic Council. She is a Teach For America alumna and taught for two years at Carver Elementary School in Indianola.
Howell resides in Leland with her husband, Frank, and son, Erik. She serves on the board of directors for the Delta Children’s Museum and the Leland Chamber of Commerce and is a vestry member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner