DSU taps Howell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Delta State University has named Laura Howell as interim executive director for the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Howell has served the last two years as arts education coordinator for the BPAC.
A native of the Netherlands, Howell grew up in North Carolina and attended college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she served as president of the university’s Pan-Hellenic Council. She is a Teach For America alumna and taught for two years at Carver Elementary School in Indianola.
Howell resides in Leland with her husband, Frank, and son, Erik. She serves on the board of directors for the Delta Children’s Museum and the Leland Chamber of Commerce and is a vestry member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions