DSU taps Howell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Delta State University has named Laura Howell as interim executive director for the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Howell has served the last two years as arts education coordinator for the BPAC.
A native of the Netherlands, Howell grew up in North Carolina and attended college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she served as president of the university’s Pan-Hellenic Council. She is a Teach For America alumna and taught for two years at Carver Elementary School in Indianola.
Howell resides in Leland with her husband, Frank, and son, Erik. She serves on the board of directors for the Delta Children’s Museum and the Leland Chamber of Commerce and is a vestry member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years