DSU taps Howell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Delta State University has named Laura Howell as interim executive director for the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Howell has served the last two years as arts education coordinator for the BPAC.
A native of the Netherlands, Howell grew up in North Carolina and attended college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she served as president of the university’s Pan-Hellenic Council. She is a Teach For America alumna and taught for two years at Carver Elementary School in Indianola.
Howell resides in Leland with her husband, Frank, and son, Erik. She serves on the board of directors for the Delta Children’s Museum and the Leland Chamber of Commerce and is a vestry member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again