Frank Horton celebrates 95th birthday
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Daniel Coker Horton & Bell recently hosted a 95th birthday lunch at the firm’s Jackson office for Frank Collins Horton, one of the founders and an original name partner of Daniel Coker and Horton, as the firm was then known.
Following graduation from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Horton served in the Army Air Corps in Greenland and the China-Burma-India theater during World War II, leaving military service with the final rank of captain. After private law practice in Grenada and a stint as an administrative judge at the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission, Horton joined Joe Daniel and Curtis Coker in forming Daniel Coker and Horton in the late 1950s. Horton headed the firm’s workers’ compensation defense practice section for more than 30 years before his final retirement from law practice in the early 1990s.
All of Horton’s six children as well as several sons- and daughters-in-law joined the present staff of Daniel Coker in celebrating Horton’s 95 years, and wishing him many more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years