Frank Horton celebrates 95th birthday
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Daniel Coker Horton & Bell recently hosted a 95th birthday lunch at the firm’s Jackson office for Frank Collins Horton, one of the founders and an original name partner of Daniel Coker and Horton, as the firm was then known.
Following graduation from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Horton served in the Army Air Corps in Greenland and the China-Burma-India theater during World War II, leaving military service with the final rank of captain. After private law practice in Grenada and a stint as an administrative judge at the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission, Horton joined Joe Daniel and Curtis Coker in forming Daniel Coker and Horton in the late 1950s. Horton headed the firm’s workers’ compensation defense practice section for more than 30 years before his final retirement from law practice in the early 1990s.
All of Horton’s six children as well as several sons- and daughters-in-law joined the present staff of Daniel Coker in celebrating Horton’s 95 years, and wishing him many more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference