Frank Horton celebrates 95th birthday
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 22,2012
Daniel Coker Horton & Bell recently hosted a 95th birthday lunch at the firm’s Jackson office for Frank Collins Horton, one of the founders and an original name partner of Daniel Coker and Horton, as the firm was then known.
Following graduation from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Horton served in the Army Air Corps in Greenland and the China-Burma-India theater during World War II, leaving military service with the final rank of captain. After private law practice in Grenada and a stint as an administrative judge at the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission, Horton joined Joe Daniel and Curtis Coker in forming Daniel Coker and Horton in the late 1950s. Horton headed the firm’s workers’ compensation defense practice section for more than 30 years before his final retirement from law practice in the early 1990s.
All of Horton’s six children as well as several sons- and daughters-in-law joined the present staff of Daniel Coker in celebrating Horton’s 95 years, and wishing him many more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss