Community Bancshares acquires Florida holding company
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
BRANDON — Community Bancshares of Mississippi Inc., the holding company for Community Banks throughout the Southeast, has acquired Community Holding Company of Florida Inc. and its subsidiary bank.
Terms were not disclosed.
With the completion of the Florida transaction, Community Bancshares will now operate Florida offices in Miramar Beach and Crestview.
Freddie Bagley, CEO of Community Bancshares, said: “The headlines read daily that banks are cutting back. They are closing branches, reducing their workforce, and streamlining their operations. Fortunately, Community Bancshares has been different and we have positioned our company to take advantage of the growth opportunities, such as this, that exist in the Southeast. We are committed to expanding our banking operations in Florida as a result of this transaction and we look forward to serving those communities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones