Community Bancshares acquires Florida holding company
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
BRANDON — Community Bancshares of Mississippi Inc., the holding company for Community Banks throughout the Southeast, has acquired Community Holding Company of Florida Inc. and its subsidiary bank.
Terms were not disclosed.
With the completion of the Florida transaction, Community Bancshares will now operate Florida offices in Miramar Beach and Crestview.
Freddie Bagley, CEO of Community Bancshares, said: “The headlines read daily that banks are cutting back. They are closing branches, reducing their workforce, and streamlining their operations. Fortunately, Community Bancshares has been different and we have positioned our company to take advantage of the growth opportunities, such as this, that exist in the Southeast. We are committed to expanding our banking operations in Florida as a result of this transaction and we look forward to serving those communities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics