Community Bancshares acquires Florida holding company
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
BRANDON — Community Bancshares of Mississippi Inc., the holding company for Community Banks throughout the Southeast, has acquired Community Holding Company of Florida Inc. and its subsidiary bank.
Terms were not disclosed.
With the completion of the Florida transaction, Community Bancshares will now operate Florida offices in Miramar Beach and Crestview.
Freddie Bagley, CEO of Community Bancshares, said: “The headlines read daily that banks are cutting back. They are closing branches, reducing their workforce, and streamlining their operations. Fortunately, Community Bancshares has been different and we have positioned our company to take advantage of the growth opportunities, such as this, that exist in the Southeast. We are committed to expanding our banking operations in Florida as a result of this transaction and we look forward to serving those communities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders