Community Bancshares acquires Florida holding company
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
BRANDON — Community Bancshares of Mississippi Inc., the holding company for Community Banks throughout the Southeast, has acquired Community Holding Company of Florida Inc. and its subsidiary bank.
Terms were not disclosed.
With the completion of the Florida transaction, Community Bancshares will now operate Florida offices in Miramar Beach and Crestview.
Freddie Bagley, CEO of Community Bancshares, said: “The headlines read daily that banks are cutting back. They are closing branches, reducing their workforce, and streamlining their operations. Fortunately, Community Bancshares has been different and we have positioned our company to take advantage of the growth opportunities, such as this, that exist in the Southeast. We are committed to expanding our banking operations in Florida as a result of this transaction and we look forward to serving those communities.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well