Hard Rock considering new hotel; to ask city for incentive
Published: July 23,2012
BILOXI — Hard Rock Casino officials are considering building a new 12-story hotel tower in Biloxi.
Tomorrow, they will ask the city for a tourism incentive.
The Sun Herald reports Biloxi extends the incentive to tourism businesses and agrees to forgo ad valorem tax on the improvement value for up to seven years.
The incentive doesn’t cover school or county taxes.
Hard Rock proposes a $32.5 million hotel tower with 154 rooms, including 14 suites. It would be built west of the current hotel lobby and iconic guitar sign. An enclosed walkway would connect it to the existing hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal