Hard Rock considering new hotel; to ask city for incentive
by Associated Press
Published: July 23,2012
BILOXI — Hard Rock Casino officials are considering building a new 12-story hotel tower in Biloxi.
Tomorrow, they will ask the city for a tourism incentive.
The Sun Herald reports Biloxi extends the incentive to tourism businesses and agrees to forgo ad valorem tax on the improvement value for up to seven years.
The incentive doesn’t cover school or county taxes.
Hard Rock proposes a $32.5 million hotel tower with 154 rooms, including 14 suites. It would be built west of the current hotel lobby and iconic guitar sign. An enclosed walkway would connect it to the existing hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge