Hard Rock considering new hotel; to ask city for incentive
Published: July 23,2012
BILOXI — Hard Rock Casino officials are considering building a new 12-story hotel tower in Biloxi.
Tomorrow, they will ask the city for a tourism incentive.
The Sun Herald reports Biloxi extends the incentive to tourism businesses and agrees to forgo ad valorem tax on the improvement value for up to seven years.
The incentive doesn’t cover school or county taxes.
Hard Rock proposes a $32.5 million hotel tower with 154 rooms, including 14 suites. It would be built west of the current hotel lobby and iconic guitar sign. An enclosed walkway would connect it to the existing hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41