Study ranks River Oaks second in nation for spinal procedure
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has received the nation’s second-highest ranking among hospitals performing spine discectomy, or the surgical removal of herniated discs that are pressing on a nerve or the spinal cord.
River Oaks was also ranked 21st on the list of the nation’s top 25 hospitals in the area of spine fusion, a surgical procedure that joins, or fuses, two or more vertebrae.
Both of the rankings were announced by Orthopedic News.
River Oaks reports it earned the ranking in the area of spinal discectomy due to a comprehensive surgical program that includes a neurology and orthopedic coordinator to assist surgeons; frequent peer review of all surgery cases; surgical teams that collaborate to ensure the best patient outcome; and, patient education coordinators that provide critical pre- and post-op information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending