Study ranks River Oaks second in nation for spinal procedure
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has received the nation’s second-highest ranking among hospitals performing spine discectomy, or the surgical removal of herniated discs that are pressing on a nerve or the spinal cord.
River Oaks was also ranked 21st on the list of the nation’s top 25 hospitals in the area of spine fusion, a surgical procedure that joins, or fuses, two or more vertebrae.
Both of the rankings were announced by Orthopedic News.
River Oaks reports it earned the ranking in the area of spinal discectomy due to a comprehensive surgical program that includes a neurology and orthopedic coordinator to assist surgeons; frequent peer review of all surgery cases; surgical teams that collaborate to ensure the best patient outcome; and, patient education coordinators that provide critical pre- and post-op information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound