Study ranks River Oaks second in nation for spinal procedure
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2012
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has received the nation’s second-highest ranking among hospitals performing spine discectomy, or the surgical removal of herniated discs that are pressing on a nerve or the spinal cord.
River Oaks was also ranked 21st on the list of the nation’s top 25 hospitals in the area of spine fusion, a surgical procedure that joins, or fuses, two or more vertebrae.
Both of the rankings were announced by Orthopedic News.
River Oaks reports it earned the ranking in the area of spinal discectomy due to a comprehensive surgical program that includes a neurology and orthopedic coordinator to assist surgeons; frequent peer review of all surgery cases; surgical teams that collaborate to ensure the best patient outcome; and, patient education coordinators that provide critical pre- and post-op information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release