Farm Bureau warns of scam; reports activity to AG
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation reports it has been made aware of emails circulating stating the recipient has been awarded a “$1,000 Visa Gift Card free of charge” from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation.
This is not a legitimate communication from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, and there is no such award program in place through Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, according to a news release.
The Federation has reported the scam to the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41