Farm Bureau warns of scam; reports activity to AG
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation reports it has been made aware of emails circulating stating the recipient has been awarded a “$1,000 Visa Gift Card free of charge” from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation.
This is not a legitimate communication from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, and there is no such award program in place through Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, according to a news release.
The Federation has reported the scam to the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan