Farm Bureau warns of scam; reports activity to AG
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation reports it has been made aware of emails circulating stating the recipient has been awarded a “$1,000 Visa Gift Card free of charge” from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation.
This is not a legitimate communication from Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, and there is no such award program in place through Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, according to a news release.
The Federation has reported the scam to the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money