US Airways awarded permanent authority for Jackson-Washington service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded permanent authority to operate daily, nonstop service between Mississippi’s capital city, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport to US Airways.
The route, which US Airways has been flying since March 4 under temporary authority from the DOT, is the only nonstop service linking Mississippi to the nation’s capital.
Republic Airlines, a US Airways Express carrier, operates daily service on dual-class 69-passenger Embraer 170 aircraft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90