US Airways awarded permanent authority for Jackson-Washington service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded permanent authority to operate daily, nonstop service between Mississippi’s capital city, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport to US Airways.
The route, which US Airways has been flying since March 4 under temporary authority from the DOT, is the only nonstop service linking Mississippi to the nation’s capital.
Republic Airlines, a US Airways Express carrier, operates daily service on dual-class 69-passenger Embraer 170 aircraft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders