US Airways awarded permanent authority for Jackson-Washington service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded permanent authority to operate daily, nonstop service between Mississippi’s capital city, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport to US Airways.
The route, which US Airways has been flying since March 4 under temporary authority from the DOT, is the only nonstop service linking Mississippi to the nation’s capital.
Republic Airlines, a US Airways Express carrier, operates daily service on dual-class 69-passenger Embraer 170 aircraft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill