US Airways awarded permanent authority for Jackson-Washington service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded permanent authority to operate daily, nonstop service between Mississippi’s capital city, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport to US Airways.
The route, which US Airways has been flying since March 4 under temporary authority from the DOT, is the only nonstop service linking Mississippi to the nation’s capital.
Republic Airlines, a US Airways Express carrier, operates daily service on dual-class 69-passenger Embraer 170 aircraft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband