US Airways awarded permanent authority for Jackson-Washington service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2012
JACKSON — The U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded permanent authority to operate daily, nonstop service between Mississippi’s capital city, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport to US Airways.
The route, which US Airways has been flying since March 4 under temporary authority from the DOT, is the only nonstop service linking Mississippi to the nation’s capital.
Republic Airlines, a US Airways Express carrier, operates daily service on dual-class 69-passenger Embraer 170 aircraft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal