Duff brothers buy T.L. Wallace; make ‘significant equity infusion’
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2012
COLUMBIA — Entrepreneurs Jim and Tom Duff have acquired T. L. Wallace Construction Inc. for an undisclosed amount.
The Duff brothers own several other businesses including Southern Tire Mart, LLC, KLLM Transport Services, LLC, Forest Products Transports, LLC, Pine Belt Ford, LLC, as well as others with combined revenues exceeding $1.3 billion.
As part of the acquisition of T. L. Wallace Construction, a “significant equity infusion” was made into the company by the Duffs.
Thomas L. Wallace, who organized the company in 1974 and has been a leader in the construction industry for the past quarter century, has agreed to remain as chairman of the board and a consultant to the company.
Wallace Construction constructs buildings, bridges, highways and public works projects throughout Mississippi as well as Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program