City officials sign sale option for new biofuels facility
Published: July 27,2012
Tags: biofuel, economic development, employment, energy, facility, industrial real estate, job, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, municipal government, municipality, option, plant, property, real estate, REFINERY, renewable energy, sale, work, worker
ABERDEEN — Aberdeen officials have signed a sale option with SPW and Associates of Birmingham, Ala., in hopes of bringing in a biofuel plant.
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce executive director Tony Green said the company plans to produce diesel and jet fuel at the Aberdeen site.
He said SPW has put down earnest money, and if the purchase price is agreed upon, the sale could close in 60 days.
The plant site would be at the city-owned port.
Officials with SPW and its partner, Centra Energy, said it would take as long as a year to get the proper environmental permits and financing to start building. Construction could take another 18 months.
“We’re very excited to have the opportunity to come to Aberdeen to utilize as much existing equipment as possible and employ more people,” said Mark Warner, president and chief executive officer of Centra Energy.
Warner said the hiring process will begin during the latter phases of construction and the biofuel plant has the potential of creating more than 100 jobs at capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public