Hinds CC to open two new residence halls next week
by Associated Press
Published: July 27,2012
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College will open two new residence halls Monday that can accommodate 352 on its campus in Raymond.
The school says in a news release that these are the first new dormitories built on the campus in about 30 years.
The 54,000-square-foot men’s residence hall, Riggs-Virden Hall, has 196 beds. The 46,250-square-foot women’s facility, Allen-Dukes-Whitaker Hall, has 156 beds. Both are full for the fall 2012 semester that begins on Aug. 13.
The cost for the two residence hall buildings is approximately $15 million, which will be funded by a 30-year revenue bond to be repaid through student room fees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue