Hinds CC to open two new residence halls next week
by Associated Press
Published: July 27,2012
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College will open two new residence halls Monday that can accommodate 352 on its campus in Raymond.
The school says in a news release that these are the first new dormitories built on the campus in about 30 years.
The 54,000-square-foot men’s residence hall, Riggs-Virden Hall, has 196 beds. The 46,250-square-foot women’s facility, Allen-Dukes-Whitaker Hall, has 156 beds. Both are full for the fall 2012 semester that begins on Aug. 13.
The cost for the two residence hall buildings is approximately $15 million, which will be funded by a 30-year revenue bond to be repaid through student room fees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign