Hinds CC to open two new residence halls next week
Published: July 27,2012
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College will open two new residence halls Monday that can accommodate 352 on its campus in Raymond.
The school says in a news release that these are the first new dormitories built on the campus in about 30 years.
The 54,000-square-foot men’s residence hall, Riggs-Virden Hall, has 196 beds. The 46,250-square-foot women’s facility, Allen-Dukes-Whitaker Hall, has 156 beds. Both are full for the fall 2012 semester that begins on Aug. 13.
The cost for the two residence hall buildings is approximately $15 million, which will be funded by a 30-year revenue bond to be repaid through student room fees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues