Hinds CC to open two new residence halls next week
Published: July 27,2012
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College will open two new residence halls Monday that can accommodate 352 on its campus in Raymond.
The school says in a news release that these are the first new dormitories built on the campus in about 30 years.
The 54,000-square-foot men’s residence hall, Riggs-Virden Hall, has 196 beds. The 46,250-square-foot women’s facility, Allen-Dukes-Whitaker Hall, has 156 beds. Both are full for the fall 2012 semester that begins on Aug. 13.
The cost for the two residence hall buildings is approximately $15 million, which will be funded by a 30-year revenue bond to be repaid through student room fees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90