MGCCC offering assistance to return-to-college propsects
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2012
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is offering financial assistance for associate degree completion through the Mississippi Adult Degree Completion Program.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for individuals who would like to complete their associate degree and have not been enrolled in college for at least one semester, have 0-15 credit hours left to graduate and are not eligible for other financial aid assistance.
The program, offered in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, Mississippi Department of Employment Security and the Twin Districts Workforce Area, also offers as much as $500 to remove a financial hold that prevents participants from registering for classes or applying for graduation.
For more information, contact Virginia Overstreet at (228) 897-6912.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues