MGCCC offering assistance to return-to-college propsects
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2012
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is offering financial assistance for associate degree completion through the Mississippi Adult Degree Completion Program.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for individuals who would like to complete their associate degree and have not been enrolled in college for at least one semester, have 0-15 credit hours left to graduate and are not eligible for other financial aid assistance.
The program, offered in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, Mississippi Department of Employment Security and the Twin Districts Workforce Area, also offers as much as $500 to remove a financial hold that prevents participants from registering for classes or applying for graduation.
For more information, contact Virginia Overstreet at (228) 897-6912.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios