MGCCC offering assistance to return-to-college propsects
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2012
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is offering financial assistance for associate degree completion through the Mississippi Adult Degree Completion Program.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for individuals who would like to complete their associate degree and have not been enrolled in college for at least one semester, have 0-15 credit hours left to graduate and are not eligible for other financial aid assistance.
The program, offered in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, Mississippi Department of Employment Security and the Twin Districts Workforce Area, also offers as much as $500 to remove a financial hold that prevents participants from registering for classes or applying for graduation.
For more information, contact Virginia Overstreet at (228) 897-6912.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits