MGCCC offering assistance to return-to-college propsects
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2012
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is offering financial assistance for associate degree completion through the Mississippi Adult Degree Completion Program.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for individuals who would like to complete their associate degree and have not been enrolled in college for at least one semester, have 0-15 credit hours left to graduate and are not eligible for other financial aid assistance.
The program, offered in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, Mississippi Department of Employment Security and the Twin Districts Workforce Area, also offers as much as $500 to remove a financial hold that prevents participants from registering for classes or applying for graduation.
For more information, contact Virginia Overstreet at (228) 897-6912.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity