MGCCC offering assistance to return-to-college propsects
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2012
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is offering financial assistance for associate degree completion through the Mississippi Adult Degree Completion Program.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for individuals who would like to complete their associate degree and have not been enrolled in college for at least one semester, have 0-15 credit hours left to graduate and are not eligible for other financial aid assistance.
The program, offered in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, Mississippi Department of Employment Security and the Twin Districts Workforce Area, also offers as much as $500 to remove a financial hold that prevents participants from registering for classes or applying for graduation.
For more information, contact Virginia Overstreet at (228) 897-6912.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal